If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of August 21, 2016 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. Give students many opportunities to get off the ground before grading them on how well they fly. (By @teachergoals)
2. All teachers should often try to learn something they are not already familiar with or interested in. This is how students feel every day. (By @WeinsteinEdu)
3. A school based on punishment and compliance pushes kids out. A school built upon relationships pulls kids in. (By @paulemcneil)
4. A grade is poor feedback. “Good job” is not high quality feedback. Specifically what the student did well and specifically what can be improved. (By @alicekeeler)
5. Win or lose you will never regret working hard, making sacrifices, being disciplined or focusing too much. (By @FearAverage)
6. In deep learning, leadership expands downward to teachers and students and reverberates upward for system change. Just watch! (By @MichaelFullan1)
7. Some of the biggest cases of mistaken identity are among intellectuals who have trouble remembering that they are not God. -Thomas Sowell (By @famousquotenet)
8. What if you made 5 positive phone calls to parents before next Friday? For no reason other than to share something positive... (By @justintarte)
9. No one can offend you without your permission. When you let someone offend you, you are giving away your power. (By @JoelOsteen)
10. Learn to give without any reason. (By @LifeLimits)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: LYS / TASSP Advanced Leadership Academy (Keynote); The 2016 Texas Charter School Conference (Multiple Presentations); The 4th Annual Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook