A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of February 22, 2015.
1. School choice? Options abound: Relocation, Transfers, Charters, Home School, Private School. No, it's not "choice" they want. It's vouchers. (By @pastors4txkids)
2. The Texas Legislature has debated vouchers 9 times over past 25 years, always defeating it. Why 10th time now? Ask yourself: Who keeps this bad idea alive? (By @pastors4txkids)
3. Talk about purposefully confusing the issue. “School Choice / Voucher” proponents are claiming vouchers will increase teacher pay. Shameless. (By @LYSNation)
4. Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, please explain publicly why the PEG Program, in place for about 2 decades, doesn't meet your vision of school choice. (By @MJHPrincipal)
5. 82% of Florida vouchers go to religious schools. Since when has God needed Caesar's money to do His work? Vouchers violate religious liberty! (By @pastors4txkids)
6. Public schools face "Double Secret Accountability" and private schools have no accountability. (By @LYSNation)
7. $4.6 Billion Senate proposed tax cuts. The higher this number, the less funds available to meet needs of schools and children. (By @texasisd)
8. Shutting down instruction for multiple days to take a practice STAAR test is not STAAR prep. It is STAAR stupidity. (By @LYSNation)
9. When you are teaching someone or learning from others, remember that the people who do the most talking do the most learning. (By @kenblanchard)
10. Leaders vs. Managers. A leader will sacrifice his people for the good of the people. The manager sacrifices his people for the good of himself. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: ASCD Annual Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); TEPSA Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NAESP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook