If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of November 22, 2015 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. As educators, we are in position to have a positive/negative effect on people by the smallest of gestures. Make sure yours are intentional. (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
2. Instead of fighting the data, try finding reasons to use the data to get better. (By @CabidaCain)
3. If the Principal is not leading, SOMEONE else on the staff will. Where is the proof that you are the leader? (By @CabidaCain)
4. Wanting to do better without doing something different is a waste of time. (By @vhsaldana)
5. Critical Writing and Small Group Purposeful Talking changes a classroom. (By @yankee_todd)
6. Charge up your students by teaching in the Power Zone! (By @williamsdr4)
7. "Who's the best person to recommend a book to a 5th grader? Another 5th grader!" - Donnalyn Miller, words to live by. (By @smelville23)
8. Don't look for the big, quick fix. See the small improvement one day at a time. That's the only way it happens, and when it does, it lasts. (By @DrMetz_MJH)
9. There is a big difference in wanting to and willing to. (By @CoachKWisdom)
10. Interesting our society has more discussion about the color of Starbucks cups than ways to support education. (By @BluntEducator)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: American Association of School Administrators Conference; National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)