Hello, LYS Nation. This is the 1,800th post to the column, so as is our tradition, we will review our progress.
First, the review
The 1st post was on Monday, February 16, 2009.
The 100th post was on April 14, 2009.
The 200th post was on June 10, 2009
The 300th post was on September 2, 2009
The 400th post was on December 16, 2009
The 500th post was on April 7, 2010
The 600th post was on August 2, 2010
The 700th post was on December 17, 2010
The 800th post was on May 17, 2011
The 900th post was on October 5, 2011
The 1,000th post was on March 7, 2012
The 1,100th post was on August 24, 2012
The 1,200th post was on February 1, 2013
The 1,300th post was on June 5, 2013
The 1,400th post was on October 30, 2013
The 1,500th post was on April 7, 2014
The 1,600th post was on, September 18, 2014
The 1,700th post was on, February 20, 2015
The 1,800th post is today, June 25, 2015
The top 15 posts, in terms of distribution, have been:
1. Your Best STAAR Preparation Plan – Section 2 (3/6/2014)
2. Your Best STAAR Preparation Plan – Section 1 (3/5/2014)
3. Student Test Taking Anxiety is 99% on Us (3/12/2014)
4. Campus Security Checklist (12/18/2012)
5. Be the Best Me in the Classroom (11/14/2014)
6. Closing the Lesson – It’s All About the Plan (10/22/2014)
7. New From the Lead Your School Lab... The Fundamental 5 Classroom App (8/26/2014)
8. A Reader Writes... Lesson Framing – Part 1 (10/11/2013)
9. A Reader Asks... HS Math Lesson Frames (2/19/2014)
10. Your 6-step STAAR Preparation Strategy (12/14/2012)
11. A Principal Asks... Should We Frame a Test (11/6/2013)
12. Make the Last Month Count (4/25/2015)
13. A Reader Asks... Lesson Framing (3/18/2014)
14. Dr. Rich Allen Writes... The Room Set-up Matters (8/20/2014)
15. Sometimes It Pays to Play the Game (6/26/2013)
There are now international readers and e-mail subscribers, with the following 45 countries represented:
Australia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Venezuela
A little blatant self-promotion
First, if you like the blog and you haven’t signed up for the e-mail subscription, please do so. I find that it’s easier to write to people than it is to write to web hits.
Second, if you like the blog and find it useful, tell three other people. This blog is a much more powerful resource for school improvement when it is a dialogue.
Third, if you have not sent in a comment yet, please do so. Education research points out that the act of critical writing actually makes the learner smarter. Let the blog assist you in sharpening your saw.
Thank you so much for reading and responding. This network, which started out as a way for just a handful of principals to stay connected has turned into a small nation of board members, central office administrators, campus leaders, and teachers who are focused on redefining what students are capable of. Who knows what we will discuss in the next 100 posts.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: NAESP National Conference; Illinois ASCD Fall Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook