A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of January 18, 2015.
1. Fighting for public education isn’t about what party you belong to, it's about children. (By @8Amber8)
2. Vouchers are bad for Texas, bad for Texas schools, and bad for most Texas students. (By @RYHTexas)
3. When you can communicate and live the WHY of what you do, the likelihood of success increases greatly. (By @CabidaCain)
4. "Writing is the best intervention for reading. You can't write above your reading level." Alana Morris (By @donalynbooks)
5. You never see U.S. citizens that hate to pay taxes, long to live in places with lower rates, like Hong Kong, Pakistan, or Russia. (By @neiltyson)
6. Today's Quote: “Education, in it's most elegant form, is simply the movement from darkness to light.” (By @DrRichAllen)
7. One teacher performs more of a public service than one hundred politicians. (By @NicholasFerroni)
8. Use data to determine the practices that are working and those that are not.... Don't use just to sort students. (By @dbrewsterdasd)
9. (Fundamental 5) Framing the Lesson keeps students from having to guess what the lesson is about. (By @MidwayMS)
10. How come the political answer for 1/2 of our students living in poverty is to punish those children for having poor parents? (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: TMSA Winter Conference; ASCD Annual Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); TEPSA Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NAESP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook