Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A LYSer Submits... Thanks for the LYS Tumbler


A new LYSer submits the following:

SC,

All to often, we do not take the time to compliment others and I wanted to take a moment to do just that.

I was at the TASSP Conference this past Thursday and "on the way to my presentation the nicest thing happened." (I think there is a movie there) :)

On the way to my room, I was stopped by the nicest man. I apologize for not getting his name and it could have been you.  He offered me a really nice Hot/Cold Lead Your School Mug.  I was about to give my presentation and I SO needed a glass of ice water.  There were plenty of water dispensers around the convention center but thanks to the nice man I was able to get a large glass of water, which stayed COLD throughout my presentation. A silly and little thing, but sometimes those are the things that can be the most impactful.

I hope you all had an amazing and productive time at the TASSP Conference and please know I am sure there were many others who enjoyed the chance to have a large glass of water or coffee, which stayed at the right temperature.

Wishing You Success

SC Response
When you say that you were stopped by the “nicest man,” you probably just excluded me from the list of probable suspects.  But regardless of who it was, we were all there to give a little back to the best of the best.  That small percentage of school leaders who sacrifice their personal down time to continue their professional development and increase their skill set. 

For the third year in a row, we took 1,200 tumblers to the conference and in 45 minutes all 1,200 were in the hands of people like you.  Glad we were there to help and I glad you like your mug.

Look for us next summer because we change the artwork on the mug each year.

Think. Work. Achieve.
Your turn...
  • Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com!  http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
  • Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com!  http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
  • Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
  • Confirmed 2012 Presentations: Channelview ISD Leadership Team Kickoff, Bushland ISD Staff Kickoff, Canadian ISD Staff Kickoff, Highland Park ISD Staff Kickoff, Sunray ISD Staff Kickoff, Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote)
  • Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation

No comments:

Post a Comment