Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Reader Writes... Vision, Mission, Goal, Target - Part 2

In response to the 5/22/14 post, “Vision – Mission – Goal – Target: A Travelogue,” a LYS Assistant Superintendent shares:

SC,

This is the best description, definition, visual representation I have ever seen of vision, mission, goals and their relationship to each other.  As usual, LYS has done it again. 

I want to let you know that after 41 years, I’m retiring.  Though it was a while back, I am grateful for the leadership and mentoring that you provided back when we were in the same district.  You allowed me to do my thing and knew how to rein me in when I started to go astray.  And you did it in such a way that I didn’t mind it, at least most of the time. I will continue to follow your blog and I will keep sharing it with the teachers that I will continue to mentor. 

SC Response
First, coming from you this is high praise. Very high praise. Second, I can believe that you are retiring, but 41 years... That is very hard to believe. And rein you in, when did that happen? Congratulations on a successful and meaningful career.  All I can say is that every district that you worked for, you rose above it. And by doing so, redefined for each district what was possible. 

Thank you.

Think. Work. Achieve.
Your turn...
  • Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com!  http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5 
  • Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com!  http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook 
  • Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool) 
  • Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation) 
  • Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation  and like Lead Your School on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment