Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Buy In?

It is regularly reported that some initiative on a campus failed because there was no “Buy-in.”  I’ve been doing this a while, and I believe this concept of "buy-in" is overrated. As a school leader, here is what I believe in:

1. I believe in communication. 

2. I believe in clear purpose and intent.

3. I believe in training. 

4. I believe in support.

5. I believe in monitoring. 

6. I believe in, “Do or Don’t Do.”

7. And I believe that sometimes, in spite of everything we do, things don’t go according to plan.

But, the lack of “buy-in” is the cop out excuse of the manager who was negligent somewhere in items 1 thru 5 and doesn’t want to be held accountable.

Think. Work. Achieve.
Your turn...

  • Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com!  http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5 
  • Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool) 
  • Upcoming Presentations: ASCD Annual Conference; TEPSA Summer Conference 
  • Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation  and like Lead Your School on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment