Thursday, October 23, 2014

Early Success: A Coaching Exchange

The following is an excerpt between LYS Coach Harry Miller and the principal of a new LYS school.

(Coach Miller) It is exciting watching your people grow and increase the size of their bag of tools.  There is power in having all of the campus totally immersed in this endeavor; it’s hard to beat synergy. Remember, a rising tide lifts all boats!

(LYS Principal) Thank you for helping us.  You and the LYS Team have definitely sharpened some of our dull tools that needed to be revamped, and added a new set of tools to our toolkit.   As of now, here are my stats:

86 PowerWalks for the year
52 PowerWalks for the month
24 PowerWalks for the week (I'll have more tomorrow)

I'm proud of what I've accomplished thus far but am pushing for more PowerWalks.  I keep an eye on the Top Observers of the Month and I've noticed that one of our elementary principals has been in 3rd place for most of the month.  She also knows this because I told her on Monday, “I'm coming for ya!!!”

I have been sharing what I have observed with my staff!  After which, teachers will write me meaningful replies back, or come into my office and thank me.  I thank them right back because they are the ones making such huge changes. 

Thank you, for everything you do and what Lead Your School (Fundamental 5, PowerWalks) has brought to our district. 

See you soon. 

Think. Work. Achieve.
Your turn...

  • Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com!  http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
  • Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool) 
  • Upcoming Presentations: ASCD Annual Conference; TEPSA Summer Conference 
  • Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation  and like Lead Your School on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment