Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Readers Write... A Stressed Out Staff - Part 1

In response to the 1/27/15 post, “A Stressed Out Staff,” readers write:

A LYS Principal
 “Right on, Brother. Keep preaching it!“

A LYS Principal
“Good stuff... good stuff... So glad you shared this out!

A LYS Teacher
            “And I thought I was the only one who noticed which teachers do the most whining.

SC Response
I get it.  Teaching students in this era of increased accountability and diminishing resources is difficult, stressful work.  Much more so than when I was in the classroom. I also recognize that for many, “gritching” is the lubricant that allows one to deal with the friction of doing difficult work.  So I have a high tolerance for “in house / behind closed doors” gritching. 

So for those doing the work, in the way that we agreed to do it, I am on your side and if I can help, I will.  

But for those making their lives more stressful due to cutting corners and hoping to not get caught, the only help I can give you is to help you get on board or to help you move on.  That is difficult job of leadership.

Think. Work. Achieve.
Your turn...
  • Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com!  http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5 
  • Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool) 
  • Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations); Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association Conference (Multiple Presentations); LYS / TASSP Advanced Leadership Academy (Keynote) 
  • Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation  and like Lead Your School on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment